Thank you for reading my blog. Please click the follow button in the upper left hand corner and you can also connect with me by clicking on any of the pages on the right side of my blog.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How to stop a wondering mind




My mind is always wondering.  I do one thing and at the same time I'm thinking of another thing.  Some times I wish I wouldn't do that.  Times like when I'm trying to fall asleep or when I'm praying and try to wait to hear from God.

I've been waiting to hear from God about a very important situation I'm going through right now.  When something happens I think that's a sign but then I second guess myself and wonder if it is really a sign.  This morning when I started to wake up, I felt myself starting to worry about my situation.  I thought this is not how I want to start my day Lord.  My mind started to wonder about a few other things, then I heard a voice that said, "What do you want?"  I said what I wanted.  Then I thought was that God talking to me?  If so, I want to hear more about what he has to say.  Then I started to feel like I was coming out of it(what ever it was).  I kept trying to go back to it but couldn't.  Then I thought if it was God why did I tell him only that one thing, when there was so much more connected to that one thing?  My God is a BIG God, he can handle the whole situation plus some.  Of course, I then started second guessing myself, was that really God or was it just my mind wondering so fast everything kind of overlapped, like in a dream.  What do you think?

I also have a hard time praying without my mind wondering.  It's not that I don't want to concentrate on just the Lord, I just don't know how to get my mind to stop thinking about everything else that's going on.  So how do you stop your mind from wondering while praying?



No comments:

Post a Comment