An empire is a large organization controlling many firms. To create an empire, you must have more than one successful business. So, how do you build an empire?
1) Think about a business you are passionate about. Maybe you have an invention that will help solve an every day problem or maybe you have created the next must have app?
2) Sell your product. Use as many avenues as you can to sell your product.
- Open up your own store.
- Ask a local business owner if they will sell your item for you.
- Start a website. You can easily build your own website using templates from http://www.intuit.com/
- Sell on http://www.ebay.com/ or http://www.etsy.com/
- Sponsor a blogger https://www.bloggerdise.com
3) Market. Once you have your product or service, you are ready to market it. Join networking companies such as the Chamber of Commerce. This allows you to meet many new people that may be interested in your product. Hand out business cards to everybody. Use social media, such as www.facebook.com www.twitter.com www.pinterest.com
4) Find a mentor. No matter how prepared you think you are, you WILL run into problems. Have someone who can help get you through the rough patches. A great place to find a mentor is through SCORE. According to their website, SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship.
SBA is another great organization that can help you find local resources.
5) Never, Never, Never Give up! Find that passion you had in step one and use that to help you through the tough times. Don't forget, just because your product failed, doesn't mean YOU are a failure, learn from those failures and move on. Go back to step one and start over again with a new product.
6) Start all over again! Once you have a successful business, start all over again! It is time to create another successful business!
That's how you build an empire!